Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Color Me Confident


I have had this book checked out of the library for 6 weeks, and it will make it into my permanent library. Color Me Confident by Veronique Henderson and Pat Henshaw is one of the best books I have read on color and style in one's wardrobe.

The book covers making a change, finding your best colors, finding the right shapes for your figure, hair and make-up, and building a wardrobe.

What I learned:
Buy investment clothes in neutral colors. For me, those colors are chocolate, pewter, moss, gray-green, bronze, charcoal, light navy, rose brown, taupe and stone.

Make-up colors to try:
eyeliner: moss
eye shadow: melon, fawn, khaki, grayed-green, peach
lipstick: terracotta, pecan, and copper, sandalwood, spiced peach, nutmeg
blush: cognac, sienna

I finally have the right name for my style, creative. Although I was an education major in college, everyone always thought that I was an art major, because of the way that I dressed. This has not changed as I have gotten older. Things that I can use to reflect this style are unusual belts, unusual jewelery, interesting buttons, wear a hat. I thought the list was interesting, because these are already things that I used to do on a regular basis.

Capsule wardrobes
For business
4 suits, 6-8 tops, 3 shoes, 2 handbags
Casual
4 jackets or cardigans, 6 skirts, trousers or jeans, 8 tops, 4 pairs of shoes, boots or sneakers, 2 handbags
Dresses can be substituted for the skirts.

No comments: