Sunday, October 19, 2008

Mary's Place


I spent the day at my friend Mary's home. She has a wonderful garden that has provided a plentiful harvest for her family.
















She also has chickens that provide eggs, and cows to provide milk.

God has blessed her family with a great place, but it all comes with a lot of work. I hear many people talk about how they would love to live a rural life, but these are frequently the same people who would rather go out to dinner than cook. I can't imagine them getting up at 5am to milk the cow.

Mary has earned my respect over the years. She moved to the country as a city slicker and has applied herself diligently to learn the skills necessary to give her family the life she dreamed of for them when they were living in the suburbs.

No comments: